Popular Articles - CLICK ON TAB (1-4) TO STOP ROTATION


Honesty and Vulnerability the Key to Intimacy

One of the main factors of having and keeping a good relationship is being able to trust, and have good communication. In order for others to trust us, we have to be able to become vulnerable, and show our vulnerability. Honesty and vulnerability go hand in hand. You cannot be totally, and genuinely truthful with another, without opening up fully to them.[...]

Looking For Love In All The Wrong Places

We are conceived through a connection, of the deepest kind, between a man and a woman, and from the moment that we are conceived, we are connected to our Mother in her womb. When that physical connection we began with is separated at birth, we spend our lives desiring to be connected again. How we go about, and how well we succeed, at re-creating that connection…becomes the story of our lives.[...]

"Puppet On A String" Who Is Controlling Your Strings?

I was raised in a family of givers, and caretakers, and the old fashion way, where the women wait on the men, and take care of the home, but in the world of relationships, that tenancy and upbringing, if taken too far, can get me into a whole lot of trouble with men, and ultimately be the downfall of any relationship. There is a fine line between caring for someone and allowing yourself to be a “puppet on a string”. When you spend all of your time trying to please another person, at your own expense; they will see you as weak, possessive and clingy.[...]

Have You Seen My Rose Colored Glasses?"

I was reading an article by Zara Stevens, and it hit on something that has been on my mind a lot these past few years. "You no longer make me happy anymore." I heard this statement a lot at the end of my last relationship; that had started out with the most profound happiness that I could ever imagine. Both of us were filled with dreams that we were working to create together, along with supporting each other's individual dreams. But then there came that "crack", as Zara put it. I think that so many times part of the problem lies in the fact; that we meet someone, and they begin to bring so very much happiness into our lives, that each of you creates this perfect picture in your mind, about what a wonderful,[...]

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I Love Your Blog and Uber Amazing Blog Awards

My blog has recently been awarded two different awards. Thank you both. You both have excellent blogs. I do owe Simple Married Life an apology, as her award was given to me by what seems like an eternity ago, and I have been out of sorts lately, and haven’t acknowledged it up to this point. I’m sorry for the delay.

The Painted Veil - Uber Amazing Blog Award
Simple Married Life - I Love Your Blog Award

I am new to blogging. Being a Real Estate Title Examiner by trade, the “Mortgage Crisis”, and the economy has zapped my profession right from underneath me. I was left with a mind that had to stay busy, and basically starting over. What do you do when you have been in a profession and sustained you for most all of your life, and it has been stripped from you for who knows how long. A major security blanket had been snatched away in the blink of an eye.

I have always loved writing, am passionate about photography, and several other creative activities, which I had at one point or another laid down, for one reason or another. To keep my sanity, and to persevere at keeping the fear at bay, I one by one, starting picking back up, and pursuing those things that I have always loved, but set aside.

A blog paints the most perfect picture of a portion of the person that sits at their keyboard, behind the monitor. The layout they choose, the niche it revolves around, the words they use, the bloggers they follow.

Some bloggers write to stay sane and find themselves, which is probably at the root of all bloggers, one way or the other; some write to help people and teach; some write and display their art; some to strictly make money. But no matter what or why, they all have something to offer someone.

Both of the people that have nominated me for these awards have wonderful blogs, and if you haven’t visited there, please take the time to click on over there. You will be glad you did.

There are so many exceptional blogs out there, it is hard for me to choose, but I have given a short list below of some of those that I love. Head on over and take a peak.

Uber (synonym to Super) Amazing Blog Award is a blog award given to sites who:
~ inspires you
~ makes you smile and laugh
~ or maybe gives amazing information
~ a great read
~ has an amazing design
~ and any other reasons you can think of that makes them uber amazing!

The rules of this award are:

* Put the logo on your blog or post.
* Nominate at least 5 blogs (can be more) that for you are Uber Amazing!
* Let them know that they have received this Uber Amazing award by commenting on their blog.
* Let them know that they have received this Uber Amazing award by commenting on their blog.
* Share the love and link to this post and to the person you received your award from.

Black Tie and Sneakers
The Inspired Self
Ocean of Perspectives
Symphony of Love
Soul Meets World

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

7 Love note(s):

Anonymoussaid...

What a wonderful surprise! Thank you so much for including me when passing on this lovely award. This means a lot to me, because I really enjoy your site and try to visit everyday. Have a great day!

Alexys Fairfield said...

I am truly honored by such a tremendously cool award. Thank you for thinking of me and thank you for providing such a warm place for us to feel relaxed.

Sorry to hear about your job. The crisis has hit some harder than others. Hopefully, it will give you an opportunity to turn your passion into a new career.

All the best for your future endeavors and thanks again for a great award.

Anonymoussaid...

Thankyou for the award having someone recognise your work is the ultimate compliment..I ahve becomne a fan of your site as well and a regular reader..I will post this with honor

Anonymoussaid...

Thank you for passing the award to me. It is truly a honor.

neferiti said...

Thank you so much for the award! It is truly an honor to be recognized for your work. I too have become a fan of your site and enjoy reading your articles.

Happy blogging!

Jackie said...

oh you made such wonderful choices. I know Alexys and Robert too.

They are both fantastic and so are you.

I hope things turn around for you soon.

But the economy is really in such bad shape.

We can only hope and pray!!

Great picks and a great way to present the awards.

Thank you:-)

Anonymoussaid...

Hi, just to let you know that I have just set up the award that you passed to me. Thank you once again.

Post a Comment

Thank your for leaving your hand print behind.

SPAM will not be tolerated on this site and your comments will be deleted.

 
© Copyright by Open Your Heart to the Love  |  Template by Blogspot tutorial