Popular Articles - CLICK ON TAB (1-4) TO STOP ROTATION


Honesty and Vulnerability the Key to Intimacy

One of the main factors of having and keeping a good relationship is being able to trust, and have good communication. In order for others to trust us, we have to be able to become vulnerable, and show our vulnerability. Honesty and vulnerability go hand in hand. You cannot be totally, and genuinely truthful with another, without opening up fully to them.[...]

Looking For Love In All The Wrong Places

We are conceived through a connection, of the deepest kind, between a man and a woman, and from the moment that we are conceived, we are connected to our Mother in her womb. When that physical connection we began with is separated at birth, we spend our lives desiring to be connected again. How we go about, and how well we succeed, at re-creating that connection…becomes the story of our lives.[...]

"Puppet On A String" Who Is Controlling Your Strings?

I was raised in a family of givers, and caretakers, and the old fashion way, where the women wait on the men, and take care of the home, but in the world of relationships, that tenancy and upbringing, if taken too far, can get me into a whole lot of trouble with men, and ultimately be the downfall of any relationship. There is a fine line between caring for someone and allowing yourself to be a “puppet on a string”. When you spend all of your time trying to please another person, at your own expense; they will see you as weak, possessive and clingy.[...]

Have You Seen My Rose Colored Glasses?"

I was reading an article by Zara Stevens, and it hit on something that has been on my mind a lot these past few years. "You no longer make me happy anymore." I heard this statement a lot at the end of my last relationship; that had started out with the most profound happiness that I could ever imagine. Both of us were filled with dreams that we were working to create together, along with supporting each other's individual dreams. But then there came that "crack", as Zara put it. I think that so many times part of the problem lies in the fact; that we meet someone, and they begin to bring so very much happiness into our lives, that each of you creates this perfect picture in your mind, about what a wonderful,[...]

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Did You Know?


My favorite things:

Popcorn: Even better when smothering in butter, and a little salt. I simply cannot watch a movie at a theater without it. I consider that a sacrilege, that simply cannot be done.

Fairy Tales: Because they are filled with hope, and the dream of a better day, where good always wins over evil.

Halloween: and dressing up, and making scarecrows, faudershawks, glowing pumpkins, and toiletpapering the trees outside.

I love laying under a Christmas tree, with only it’s lights on, and staring up through the middle.

The feel of a man’s, or a child’s hand wrapped around mind, or the feel of their arms around me.

Butterflies: I have a small butterfly tattoo on my tummy, to symbolize two things. The Zazza Zoo. The term originated on Sex and the City, by Carrie, who used this term to describe the butterflies that you get in your stomach when you meet someone, and know that you just have to have them. And second, because they start as a not so pretty creature, encase themselves within a cocoon, and then free themselves out into the world, transformed into a delicate, beautiful butterfly that flies away, free.

Ladybugs: Because they are just so darn cute. I can’t resist coaxing one onto my finger when spotted, looking at it, giving it a word or two, and placing it back down where it was, to continue on its journey.

Fireflies: When I was a child, I delighted in running around catching them in a jar with holes poked in the lid, watching them for while, and then watching them float away. As an adult, there is nothing like gazing over a field that is filled with fireflies, making the field appear like it is saturated with thousands of white, twinkling, Christmas lights; and when you look across the water of a lake, when there is a slight ripple, and the sun is shining just right catching the tips of them, it looks almost the same. Like the lake is covered with thousands of fireflies.

Bubbles: I love taking a bottle of bubbles, and blowing them. Seeing how big, or small, or how many, I can make out of one blow. Trying to catch a few, and then watching them drift gently and slowly away, looking at all the rainbow of colors, until each one finally meets up with an obstacle and bursts into a soapy wet spot; then doing it all over again.

Bubble Baths: Filling the tub with as hot water as I can stand, overflowing with scented bubbles, sinking way down in, surrounded by candles, with a magazine, or not, listening to soft music. Swooping up the bubbles, and blowing them here and there.

An antique bathtub (all things antique); with the claw feet: I don’t know why, it just delights me when I see one. Antiques have such character, and workmanship, and unknown stories.

Bay windows, with a quaint window seat, filled with pillows, inviting you to curl up, and read a book, or stare out into the vastness beyond.

I love an old screen door: with or without a filigree design, with a spring that causes it to make a creaking sound every time it is opened or closed, and causes it to come crashing against the frame with a slap. And the sight and sound of children as they run in and out through one.

I love all the windows and doors wide open, and the sight of a soft breeze making the sheers dance with the grace of a ballerina.

Snow: I could sit and watch it fall for hours, and hours. Softly drifting down, and covering the world with a glistening white blanket. I love sledding, and making angels, and snowmen.

I love the water: It doesn’t matter if it is a lake, or a river, or babbling brook, or the ocean. I am drawn to the water like a magnet. I love the sound of the crashing waves of the ocean, and watching the little birds chasing the waves back and forth, and the boats as they come in and go out, and the feel of the sand beneath my feet, and building sandcastles. I love the sight and the sound of a babbling brook, as the water runs and trickles, and flows along the river rocks. I love the calmness and answers that it holds, and the feel of it surrounding me, and floating on top, letting it take control.

Flying a kite, or at least trying to.

Rain, and a Storm: I love the smell, and much like snow, I love watching a gentle rain fall, and taking a walk in a gentle rain, or a slow dance. I love a storm, and all the sounds it makes. It sounds so sad and lonely, and in pain. I love the beauty and power of the lightning, the crack of the thunder, the whistle and howl of the wind.

Rainbows, and the soft colors they create. The protection they seem to provide the area below, and the dream and fantasy of the pot of gold at the end.

Hammocks: I love lying in a hammock, with a gentle breeze, in the shade, under the trees, staring up into the branches, watching the breeze make the branches and the leaves sway and softly dance about. Or watching the clouds change formation. Or closing my eyes, and listening to all the sounds I can hear. The sound of a bee buzzing as it hops from flower to flower, a cricket playing it’s song, all the different birds and the songs they sing, the rustling of the leaves; while I quietly sway back and forth in the breeze.

Swings: Slowly moving back and forth, and seeing how high I can go.

Pigtails on a little girl. Flopping up and down, and she merrily bounces and dances with joy and innocent wonder.

Little boys, and the found secret treasures that their pockets hold.

People watching.

Riding in my convertible with the top down, and feeling the wind run through my hair, and the air moving all around me.

Dancing and letting the rhythm of the music express itself through my body.

Horses: And the beauty, power and gentleness that they possess.

Candles, and watching the flicker and glow of the flame.

Hot chocolate, on a cold winter day.

A bonfire: I love roasting marshmallows, and finding just the ideal spot in the fire, so that it becomes the perfect golden brown all the way around. I love staring deep inside, and allowing the dance and colors of the flames and burning, luminous ambers, to hypnotize me, and take me to a world within.

The twinkle of the stars in the sky, and making a wish.

Fireworks, and all the colors bursting and sparkling into the night.

I love the sunrise, and watching the day being, greeted with colors bursting in the sky, and the sunset, and watching the sky say Goodnight in a blaze of glory.

seachingwithin copyright 2008

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

2 Love note(s):

Ellumbra said...

What a treasure trove of delights and inspirations - all so tastefully executed visually.
Thank you - I enjoyed my visit tremendously.

A New Journey To Me said...

Nice blog you haave

Post a Comment

Thank your for leaving your hand print behind.

SPAM will not be tolerated on this site and your comments will be deleted.

 
© Copyright by Open Your Heart to the Love  |  Template by Blogspot tutorial