Popular Articles - CLICK ON TAB (1-4) TO STOP ROTATION


Honesty and Vulnerability the Key to Intimacy

One of the main factors of having and keeping a good relationship is being able to trust, and have good communication. In order for others to trust us, we have to be able to become vulnerable, and show our vulnerability. Honesty and vulnerability go hand in hand. You cannot be totally, and genuinely truthful with another, without opening up fully to them.[...]

Looking For Love In All The Wrong Places

We are conceived through a connection, of the deepest kind, between a man and a woman, and from the moment that we are conceived, we are connected to our Mother in her womb. When that physical connection we began with is separated at birth, we spend our lives desiring to be connected again. How we go about, and how well we succeed, at re-creating that connection…becomes the story of our lives.[...]

"Puppet On A String" Who Is Controlling Your Strings?

I was raised in a family of givers, and caretakers, and the old fashion way, where the women wait on the men, and take care of the home, but in the world of relationships, that tenancy and upbringing, if taken too far, can get me into a whole lot of trouble with men, and ultimately be the downfall of any relationship. There is a fine line between caring for someone and allowing yourself to be a “puppet on a string”. When you spend all of your time trying to please another person, at your own expense; they will see you as weak, possessive and clingy.[...]

Have You Seen My Rose Colored Glasses?"

I was reading an article by Zara Stevens, and it hit on something that has been on my mind a lot these past few years. "You no longer make me happy anymore." I heard this statement a lot at the end of my last relationship; that had started out with the most profound happiness that I could ever imagine. Both of us were filled with dreams that we were working to create together, along with supporting each other's individual dreams. But then there came that "crack", as Zara put it. I think that so many times part of the problem lies in the fact; that we meet someone, and they begin to bring so very much happiness into our lives, that each of you creates this perfect picture in your mind, about what a wonderful,[...]

Monday, August 25, 2008

Aw, The Sweet Smell of Revenge

We all have been there; a good love gone bad. More times than not, when a relationship ends, there are hard feelings on one, or both sides; at least before forgiveness takes place.

Some people are just hell bent on hurting other people because they are so miserable themselves. They don’t need any particular reason, and if they don’t have one, they look for something. Sometimes you come across people that thrive on drama. They too, will go hunting for it, if they are currently in short supply.

All I can do is shake my head when I come across, or over hear someone discussing their past, current, and future plats for revenge. They somehow always appear to by quite proud of the things that they have been doing. "I showed them, by golly!"

Well today I wanted to tickle your funny bones with some revenge drama. When good love goes bad.

Trolling along the internet today I stumbled head first onto “The Payback.com”, “Payback at its Best”. On their Product List they have:
• Anonymous Emails
• Anonymous Letters
• Bumper Stickers
• Dead Fish and Flowers
• Drive People Crazy
• Fake Bullet Holes
• Fake Parking Tickets
• Gag Award Certificates
• Gag Gift Certificates
• Gag Lottery Tickets
• Magnetic Bumper Signs
• Oldie But Goodies
• Prank Post Cards
• Prank Envelopes
• Rude Lottery Tickets

"Don’t get mad, get even.” And you are encouraged to help people with these problems:
• Bad Breath
• Body Odor
• Annoying Behavior
• Mean Boss
• Annoying Co-Worker
• Always Late
• Dandruff
• Flatulence (farting)
• Drinking Problem
• Back Stabbers
• Bad Sex
• Jilted Lover (woman)
• Jilted Lover (man)

Well, now I’m having fun, so I start hunting to see what I can come up with. Okay, to be perfectly honest, I went hunting for trouble to begin with, just to see what crazy stuff I could come up with for a new week.

Anyway, after leaving Payback.com, I ran across Revenge Lady. There is even a link to “Recommend This Site to a Friend” (if you have any). There is also a revenge quiz for your amusement pleasure, and Revenge Rules to follow. One of which is,

“Revenge is healthy. Don't listen to those mealymouths who tell you otherwise. You're teaching people to behave better. At the same time you're getting icky poisonous feelings out of your system once and for all. What could be healthier?”
Plus a whole lot more.

If putting a hex on someone is up your alley, you can put a voodoo spell on your cheating lover.

Or you could click on over to Expose Liars, Cheats and Bastards.

And when you have exhausted yourself, and do not have any friends left, pick yourself up, brush yourself off, and go to Betrayed Spouse 101, and listen to some sense.

Here are a couple of videos that I found for your amusement and watching pleasure.

#1 Betrayed Wife Gets Even (quite hilarious)




#2 Boyfriend Breaks Up With Girlfriend in front of hundreds on "Valentines Day"


DISCLAIMER: Please everyone, don't try this at home. They have been preformed by trained idiots.

Seriously, revenge is not sweet. It only feeds an obsession, and continues your pain, causing it to grow. One day you will wake up and hopefully realize what you have done, and stop blaming. The problem is, now you have more things to forgive yourself for. Not to mention, that you will loose your friends one by one, if you act this way.

There is nothing good that can come from it.

When you behave with dignity and integrity, and work on making yourself the best that you can be. That my friend is the sweetest revenge!

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

8 Love note(s):

Kimmy said...

A friend once told me that revenge is like taking poison and waiting for the other person to die. I have noticed myself in fights with friends, when I will change my status message to get one last dig in. I noticed the more I did that, the more upset I would get. And I could feel the negative energy vibe. I finally had to block, and remove this person off my list. Not because of her, but because of me. Great post!

Anonymoussaid...

well, this made me think...I should buy my wife some flowers before my toothbrush gets used for something less then it was designed. ;-)

searchingwithin said...

Thank you Kimmy and Michael for stopping by and for leaving your hand-print behind.

Kimmy, We all have been there. And we all have said and done things in the heat of the moment, that we later wish we could take back.

Some, unfortunately, are hell bent on taking things much further than that when they have been hurt, scorned, or betrayed. I myself, have been known to think of all the dirty little deeds I would like to carry out against a few. I never, ever plan to carry them out, but sometimes that thought does have a way of creeping in there. Your right, that is when it becomes apparent, that a step or two, or more backwards is the best thing to do.

Michael, better keep a good eye on that toothbrush, if you have forgotten an important date.
You neevverr knooow!

Bryan said...

I had an ex g/f that enjoyed getting the last "dig in", then another & another. It's sad so many people are hellbent on doing that to someone. People that go out of their way to try and make another miserable will never be happy internally.

Anonymoussaid...

Revenge is a desperate attempt at getting noticed and receiving recognition. Just like a child who will misbehave to get attention; they would rather have bad attention, than no attention at all. Unfortunately, grown-ups also resort to this type of thing, only on a much larger scale!

When you retaliate, or let them know that they have gotten to you in any way, they have just ackowledgement that they were seeking. If something works...why fix it? So they continue on and on. If you don't acknowledge them in any way, then eventually they become bored with their none working tackiness, in search of someone who is willing to play along.

In the mean time, revenge turns your mind and insides black!

Anonymoussaid...

This is such bad Karma...I understand that turning the other cheek is not always easy but what you put out there in life always come back to you.

Elly said...

I thought of revenge when I was younger and broke up with my then bf. Then I decided that it's not worth the effort, went for vacation, then met my real love, got married, gave birth to our son and lived happily. I think it's the best revenge after all:)

Anonymoussaid...

Man, if I had followed up on some of the mean things that had been done to me, I would be in so much trouble! My conscience would kill me! Well, would have killed me shall we say.

Post a Comment

Thank your for leaving your hand print behind.

SPAM will not be tolerated on this site and your comments will be deleted.

 
© Copyright by Open Your Heart to the Love  |  Template by Blogspot tutorial